With campuses in Brest, Nantes and Rennes, IMT Atlantique is
- A school under the aegis of the Ministry of industry and the digital sector.
- A leading member of the “Institute Mines-Telecom” (IMT).
- An Elite Graduate School specialized in digital technology, energy and environment (A “Grande École” in French)
Its mission is to contribute to economic development through education, research and innovation
- A new and unique broad-based engineering course, organized on several campuses.
- Trains engineers in the convergence of digital technology, energy and environment.
- Major emphasis on pedagogical innovation..
Its research features
- A potential that ranks IMT Atlantique among the top 10 in France.
- Research topics in the field of energy and digital technology:
Subatomic physics and nuclear chemistry – Energy and environment processes –
Robotics and automatic control – Simulation, modeling, optimization, coding, decision –
Design of electronic, microwave and optical functions – Implementation of fast algorithms
for complex functions – Signal and Image processing, Big Data processing – Computer Science,
Software Engineering, Cyber Security and Artificial Intelligence – Networked Systems
(communication, energy, waste, water, air) – Humanities.
- A significant contribution to the research development with 6 mixed research units
(5 CNRS and 1 Inserm).
- Funding of 3 ERC projects in recognition of the quality of its research (European Research Council grants),
- 2 academic chairs and numerous scientific awards.
In terms of development and industrial relations
- A global offer of business partnerships
- 8 industrial chairs
- 1 incubator on 3 sites (45 companies hosted, 15 new start-ups per year)
- An active contribution to regional economic development
- 51 double degree agreements
- More than 70 nationalities on its campuses
- Master’s courses taught in French and English
- 2 Erasmus Mundus programs, member of the European KIC EIT
- Digital network, project partners of KIC InnoEnergy4 programs offered abroad (China, Ivory Coast, Morocco, Vietnam)
There is no student association focused on welcoming international students yet.
The alumni association is IMT Alumni, with 15,000 alumni.