Established for 180 years in the heart of Europe’s leading agricultural and agri-food area, Agrocampus Ouest is a Grande école, or ‘elite public university-level college’, for life and environmental sciences and technologies.
Offering an impressive potential for training and research in areas ranging from food production to lanscape architecture, Agrocampus Ouest has a triple vocation:
- training students to a high scientific level, enabling them to respond in an innovative and responsible manner to current issues in life sciences (three training cycles: Master, MSc in Engineering, PhD)
- conducting academic and applied research based on the sustainable development of resources and territories, in close partnership with national and international research organisations
- transferring knowledge to the socio-economic sector, following 5 thematic areas:
– Vegetal, Animal, Systems
– Environmental issues – resources, territory and city
– Fisheries, sea and coast
Agrocampus Ouest is ISO 9001-certified for all its activities and holds the EUR-ACE label, is a founding member of Agreenium and research and higher education clusters.
– 1,900 students (Master, MSc in Engineering and PhD)
– 150 teaching staff, 130 of which are also researchers
– 290 administrative and technical staff
– 6 teaching and research departments
– 13 research units
– 360 associate researchers
– 6 doctoral schools
– 2 training and research centres (3 sites: Angers, Beg-Meil, Rennes)
– 70 partners universities around the world
– over 13,000 alumni.
There is a student association focused on welcoming international students, Agrowelcome.